Busta Rhymes, the renowned American artist, is gearing up for the release of his eleventh studio album, “Blockbusta,” scheduled to drop on November 24, 2023. This highly anticipated musical venture marks his return to the studio after a hiatus of nearly three years since the launch of “Extinction Level Event 2: The Wrath of God” in 2020. In this article, we’ll delve into the exciting details of Busta Rhymes’ upcoming album and explore the artist’s remarkable career.
The Blockbusta Album Release Date
Busta Rhymes’ “Blockbusta” is generating substantial buzz in the music world, and for good reason. Scheduled for release on November 24, 2023, this album promises to be a monumental addition to his discography. It will be unveiled through Busta Rhymes’ own Conglomerate Entertainment label, with distribution facilitated by Epic Records.
The Executive Producers
What adds to the excitement surrounding “Blockbusta” is the stellar lineup of executive producers involved in its creation. The album boasts the creative genius of Pharrell Williams, Timbaland, Swizz Beatz, and Busta Rhymes himself. With such a diverse and accomplished team at the helm, listeners can expect a unique and captivating sonic experience that pushes the boundaries of hip-hop.
The anticipation for “Blockbusta” has been further fueled by the release of several singles throughout 2023. These singles provide a glimpse into the musical direction of the album and have already garnered praise from fans. Some of the notable tracks include:
- “Beach Ball” featuring Bia
- “Murda” featuring Bilal
- “Luxury Life” featuring Coi Leray
These singles showcase Busta Rhymes’ versatility and ability to collaborate with a range of artists, setting the stage for a diverse and exciting album.
On November 16, the full tracklist for “Blockbusta” was unveiled, building anticipation even further. The album promises a wide range of tracks that will cater to different musical tastes. Here is the complete tracklist:
- “The Statement”
- “Remind ‘Em” (featuring Quavo)
- “Beach Ball” (featuring Bia)
- “OK” (with Cool & Dre featuring Young Thug)
- “Could It Be You” (featuring Blxst and Yung Bleu)
- “Luxury Life” (featuring Coi Leray)
- “Big Everything” (featuring DaBaby and T-Pain)
- “Roboshotta” (featuring Burna Boy)
- “The Return of Mansa Musa” (featuring Swizz Beatz and Blackway)
- “Stand Up” (featuring Jnr Choi)
- “Open Wide” (featuring Chris Brown and Shenseea)
- “Hold Up”
- “The Hive” (featuring Giggs)
- “Homage” (featuring Kodak Black)
- “Legend” (featuring Morray)
- “Legacy” (featuring Cie, Trillian, and Rai)
- “If You Don’t Know Now You Know Pt. 2” (featuring Big Tigger)
Who Is Busta Rhymes?
Busta Rhymes, born Trevor George Smith Jr. on May 20, 1972, in Brooklyn’s East Flatbush, is a highly influential American artist renowned as a rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor. He gained fame as an original member of Leaders of the New School before flourishing as a solo artist.
Notable for hits like “Woo-Hah!! Got You All in Check” and “Dangerous,” he’s received 12 Grammy nominations. Beyond music, he founded the record label Conglomerate and The Conglomerate production crew. Busta Rhymes is celebrated as one of the best rappers of the 1990s and is known for his innovation and enduring impact on the hip-hop genre.
Trevor George Smith Jr.
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1972|
|Birthplace||New York City, U.S.|
|Other Names||Trevor Taheim Smith|
|Education||Uniondale High School|
|Occupations||Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Record Executive, Actor, Businessman|
Busta Rhymes’ Early Life
Busta Rhymes experienced a dynamic early life that shaped his diverse identity. His family relocated to Uniondale, New York, when he was 12 years old, where he attended Uniondale High School and graduated in 1991. During his time at George Westinghouse Career and Technical Education High School in Brooklyn, he crossed paths with future rap icons like The Notorious B.I.G. and Jay-Z. Busta’s global perspective expanded with stays in Britain, where he attended school and engaged in breakdancing, even performing in clubs as a minor. These formative years contributed to his multifaceted identity as a rapper, actor, and cultural icon.
Busta Rhymes’ Career
Busta Rhymes’ dynamic and influential career as a rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor began in the late 1980s when he co-founded the East Coast hip-hop group Leaders of the New School. The group’s break came when they opened for Public Enemy, and Chuck D bestowed stage names upon Busta Rhymes and Charlie Brown.
The dissolution of Leaders of the New School in 1993 marked the beginning of Busta’s solo journey. He swiftly rose to prominence with solo albums like “The Coming” (1996) and “When Disaster Strikes” (1997), showcasing his advanced rhymes and distinctive style. The late ’90s and early 2000s saw Busta’s continued success with albums like “Extinction Level Event: The Final World Front” (1998) and “Anarchy” (2000).
In 2006, “The Big Bang” secured Busta Rhymes his first No. 1 album, featuring collaborations with Dr. Dre and Swizz Beatz. Throughout the 2010s, he navigated label changes, releasing “Back on My B.S.” (2009) and “Year of the Dragon” (2012). His global influence expanded with collaborations on international hits.
Busta Rhymes’ resilience and adaptability in the ever-evolving music industry were evident in his 2020 release, “Extinction Level Event 2: The Wrath of God,” featuring renowned artists. Over the decades, Busta Rhymes has not only remained a prolific artist but also a respected figure in hip-hop, known for his innovation, lyrical prowess, and enduring impact on the genre.
Busta Rhymes Album
|1997||When Disaster Strikes…|
|1998||Extinction Level Event: The Final World Front|
|2002||It Ain’t Safe No More…|
|2006||The Big Bang|
|2009||Back on My B.S.|
|2012||Year of the Dragon|
|2020||Extinction Level Event 2: The Wrath of God|
Busta Rhymes New Album Release Date – FAQs
- When is Busta Rhymes’ new album “Blockbusta” scheduled for release? “Blockbusta” is set to be released on November 24, 2023.
- How long was Busta Rhymes’ hiatus before “Blockbusta”? Busta Rhymes took a hiatus of nearly three years before “Blockbusta,” following the release of “Extinction Level Event 2: The Wrath of God” in 2020.
- Who are the executive producers for “Blockbusta”? The executive producers for “Blockbusta” include Pharrell Williams, Timbaland, Swizz Beatz, and Busta Rhymes himself.
- What are the few singles released in anticipation of “Blockbusta”? Some singles released in 2023 include “Beach Ball” featuring Bia, “Murda” featuring Bilal, and “Luxury Life” featuring Coi Leray.
- What label is releasing “Blockbusta,” and who is handling its distribution? “Blockbusta” will be released through Busta Rhymes’ Conglomerate Entertainment label, with distribution facilitated by Epic Records.
Get ready for a musical journey like no other as Busta Rhymes prepares to drop “Blockbusta” on November 24, 2023. It’s a comeback that fans have eagerly awaited, and with the talent involved, it promises to be nothing short of extraordinary.